At Metal 2022 we take your health and safety seriously, and will do our very best to ensure the conference is as safe as possible for everybody involved. With regards to COVID-19 we abide by the regulations and guidelines of the Finnish Government, which can be found here, and follow the development of the pandemic closely.
Please note that there is no one-day registration rate for Metal 2022. In addition to that, and due to the venue’s limited capacity, we are currently not offering Accompanying Person tickets. In case you are disabled and require an assistant, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Below you can find the fees for attending the Metal2022 conference. All prices are in Euros (EUR).
Both in-person and virtual participants will have full access to our virtual platform, where the streaming of the sessions and lectures will take place. In addition to the streaming and recordings of the sessions, the platform will also hold a link for easy downloading of the conference proceedings, and a virtual poster gallery. The virtual platform will open a week before the beginning of the conference and will remain open for a month after the conference is over.
Virtual attendees, as well as those in-person attendees who wish to do so, can log in to the virtual platform and submit their questions for the lecturers in real time through our online chat. These questions will be curated by the Metal2022 and delivered to the speakers at the end of their lectures, so they can be answered during the questions and answers part of the sessions.
Service charges (3 €) are included in the prices shown below. Both card and invoice payment options are available at the conference’s online shop, but the invoice option carries an additional fee of 12,40 €/invoice that will be added to the final payable amount. The invoice needs to be paid within 7 days from the moment the order is placed, after which unpaid orders will be cancelled.
|Registration|| Early Bird |
(until June 15th)
(until August 1st)
|Non-ICOM member||450 €||500 €|
|ICOM member||400 €||450 €|
|Student||250 €||275 €|
|Student, ICOM member||225 €||250 €|
|Young Conservation Professional||325 €||350 €|
All in-person attendees will receive a 5-day (5 – 9 September) public transportation ticket for the AB area, which will be provided upon arrival at the registration desks at the conference venue.
This ticket is valid for all means of public transportation within the A and B zones, which include the conference venue and the whole of Helsinki, plus some areas of the Greater Helsinki metropolitan area.
(until June 15th)
(until August 29th)
|Non-ICOM member||225 €||250 €|
|ICOM member||200 €||225 €|
|Student||125 €||137,5 €|
|Student – ICOM member||112,5 €||125 €|
|Young Conservation Professional||162,5 €||175 €|
By registering for the Metal 2022 meeting you are agreeing to the following policies:
Cancellation and Refunds
We are aware that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may strongly affect the possibility of travelling abroad for many attendees. We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in-person, but we understand the situation may still develop and change before the conference. As a result, we would like to assure that:
In case we are forced to organise the event in a 100% virtual format, all in-person registration/event tickets purchased will be either exchanged for an equivalent virtual ticket (and the price difference refunded), or fully refunded, according to the buyer’s wishes.
This means that, if an in-person Early bird Student ticket was originally bought, it may be exchanged for a virtual Early bird Student ticket, and the price difference will be refunded to the buyer. Service charges (3 €/ticket) and possible invoicing charges (12,40 €/invoice) will not be refunded.
In case we are forced to cancel the event altogether, all tickets purchased will be refunded. Service charges (3 €/ticket) and possible invoicing charges (12,40 €/invoice) will not be refunded.
To cancel a conference registration or ticketed event, please send a cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the following:
- Before June 1st, 2022: All purchased registrations and ticketed events may be cancelled with a 100% refund (excluding service charges).
- Before August 8th, 2022: All purchased registrations and ticketed events may be cancelled with a 25% cancellation charge applied (excluding service charges).
- After August 8th, 2022: Registrations and ticketed events are non-refundable.
The basic registration fee includes a name badge, registration materials, tote bag, digital conference proceedings, meeting program and abstract book, all sessions, five lunches, opening and farewell receptions, light meal during the poster session, and coffee breaks and transportation to and from the Tour of the Collections and Conservation Centre and the Tour of the Metropolia School of Conservation.
The registration fee also includes a 5-day (5 – 9 September) public transportation ticket for the AB area, which will be provided upon arrival at the registration desks at the conference venue.
The registration fee does not include hotel accommodations, conference dinner, post-conference tours or workshops.
- ICOM membership dues must be paid in full for 2022 to qualify for member rates. If you do not have a current membership, you must register at the standard rate.
- Young Conservation Professionals are conservators that have graduated within the last 3 years.
- Register early, as space is limited for the conference dinner, post conference tours and workshops.
- Tickets for the social programme events (Conference Dinner and Day Trips) are not limited to one ticket per person, accompanying persons are most welcome as well. In case you also buy tickets for accompanying persons, please let us know if they have any accessibility requirements or dietary restrictions.
- Workshop tickets are only available to registered attendees.
- Metal 2022 will be cashless on site. In order to be able to provide all in-person attendees with the best possible experience, we will not be offering tickets to the conference nor the social programme activities onsite.
We also invite you to read our Privacy statement for this website carefully.